Friday, February 27, 2009

Do you remember HOT PANTS?

Dang if I didn't think I was dressed to kill! This was a set, hot pants and matching vest (you wouldn't want me to get cold now would you?) They were cranberry colored crushed velvet. And of course I had boots to finish off the outfit.
But the frosting on the cake was that classic modeling pose! Oh yeah, I'd seen it done a million times in the magazines and catalogs...you know, the hand on the hip and the far away stare as though having my picture taken had caught me off guard. Geez! How corny!!!
This would have been 1972 or 73. And I shudder think I actually wore this but the truth is I also went out in public in this get up. I hope this took you back ... way back, and I hope you won't hold it against me!

9 comments:

sandy said...

Well I never!!! ha...no actually I never wore hot pants. I had really long legs and I felt that it looked funny on me...when i was young I hated my legs....not so much anymore, but back then.

cute photo.

Cara said...

I miss my legs - I had no chest but I did have some nice legs - isn't it funny how we see ourselves...thanks for visiting Sandy -

Janelle Goodwin said...

Hi Cara, I wore hot pants. I tried it once. They were black and I wore them with high leather boots. This was winter and over that I wore a purple maxi coat. Cool, huh? You look so adorable in the picture. Thanks for sharing.

Cara said...

A PURPLE MAXI COAT! Janelle I'm so envious - its retroactive envy - ha ha!

sandy said...

wow, purple maxi coat...yes I would love one!

Cara said...

Sandy - Can't you see the two of us heading down the street inour purple coats!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oh YEAH! I had the SAME ONES! Crushed velvet was THE rage then. SO funny!! I had forgotten about 'hot pants'.

Cara said...

Mary - I thought I was soooo "Mod" in my hot pants - ha ha!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I find it interesting that we chose cranberry. I remember them like it was yesterday!